* Don Owen, Cal Fire
* Don Owen, Cal Fire Affected Trees:
Douglas-Fir, Ponderosa Pine, Coulter Pine, Gray Pine, Jeffrey Pine, Knobcone Pine, Limber Pine, Sugar Pine, Torrey Pine and Monterey Pine.
* Complete Image Citations:
- Image #1: UFEI images, www.ufei.org
- Image #2: Don Owen, Cal Fire
- Image #3: Don Owen, Cal Fire
Description of Disease
Pitch canker causes cankers/necrotic areas of bark on the main stem and lateral branches of affected trees. Pitch may stream from cankers. The cankers cause top kill and branch dieback. Flagging of branch tips in the crown is common. Some trees may be killed by the disease.